CIS can help your school(s) become part of the new wave of Chess in Education through programs that are teacher-driven with a focus on education.
Here are the services that CIS offers:
“The training is high-quality and aligned with the ALSDE goals and educational standards… Both the initial training and the follow-up support are outstanding!”
AL State Dept. of Education
State & Local Education Agencies – Directly or thru Local CIE Providers
We specialize in large teacher-driven Chess in Education programs spanning multiple schools and even multiple school systems.We train teachers and administrators with the goal of achieving an independent and self-sustaining chess-in-education program within three years.
Our services are customizable but typically include:
- Program management assistance
- Team training for district and school CIE administrators
- Teacher training
- Chess equipment
- Chess training software licenses
- Online CIE Resource Library of lesson plans and other tools
- Optionally we will train and support local chess training service providers to support and sustain your CIE program.
Services for schools include:
- Professional development for teachers and chess coaches
- Lesson Plans developed by teachers for classroom topics (incorporating chess)
- Chess equipment for participating schools
- Chess Training software licenses
- On site and online support
For Individuals / Teachers
- Professional Development Courses for teachers and chess coaches
Our professional development is highly interactive and fun – even for those who have no prior knowledge of chess. Focusing on chess as an educational tool, teachers not only learn how to play the game, they practice the meta-cognitive processes of recognizing patterns, developing perspective, and generating and assessing solutions. Included are links to chess lessons that encourage collaborative learning and increase social/emotional development. Teachers leave this experience with a measure of confidence that they can return to the classroom and use chess to improve academic and life skills.
Consulting, Speaking Engagements
- Presentations for Educational Conferences, and Community Groups
- Chess in Education consulting
©2020 Chess in Schools. All rights reserved. Chess in Schools is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, EIN 90-1141646. Donations are tax-deductible.