The Chess in Schools Mission
Chess changes lives.
Our mission is to advance the potential of Chess in Education (CIE) in the United States. Working with leaders in the international CIE movement, we bring CIE best practices to educators in a way that aligns with their education goals and standards. As a result, we help teachers use chess as an educational tool to help students develop the skills needed for success in and beyond the classroom.
- Adapting successful international CIE models for the decentralized US education community.
- Developing a network of educational service providers to deliver CIE certification programs and to develop cost-effective CIE programs.
- Working with international partners to foster a worldwide Chess in Education community.
Chess in Schools brings together a talented team with a shared passion for developing children’s critical thinking, learning, and life skills through chess. The team provides a blend of expertise in education, chess training, technology, and management.
Managing Board of Directors
National Chess Education Consultant
Advisors, Contributors, Volunteers
- CIS Operations Manager
- Administrative Consultant
- Education Consultant
- CIS Financial Officer
- Chess Coach
- Researcher and Data Scientist
- Cognition and Student Learning
- Research, Statistics, and Assessment
- Curriculum Theory and Design
- Secretary, Educational Commission of European Chess Union
- Director, ChessPlus
- Chairman, Educational Commission of European Chess Union
- Chief Chess Officer, ChessKid
©2021 Chess in Schools. All rights reserved. Chess in Schools is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, EIN 90-1141646. Donations are tax-deductible.